- Christmas has crept up on us once again and so it’s time to get organised and start writing your gift lists for your little ones. It can be really hard thinking of what to buy for babies and toddlers, so we have come up with our top 5 gift ideas to help you get your Christmas shopping all wrapped up!Read more
- Read more
When it comes to babies, sleep (or the lack of) is one of the most talked-about subjects between parents. If your baby doesn’t sleep then, unfortunately, you don’t sleep much either. Sleep problems can occur for many different reasons and you may feel at a loss, but we want to help. Here are a few hints and tips on how to create the perfect sleeping environment for your baby.
Just like adults, babies will struggle to sleep if the temperature is either too hot or too cold, especially as they can’t regulate their body temperature like adults can. It’s suggested that your baby’s room should be at about 16-20°C for a much more comfortable night’s sleep. A Slumbersac Sleeping Bag is a great way to help maintain your baby’s body temperature throughout the night without the use of additional blankets, and it’s much safer too.
When your baby was in the womb they were surrounded
- Read more
Like many of you, the team here at Slumbersac are hoping to spend some quality time at the beach with our families over the next few months. There’s nothing lovelier than taking your baby to the beach for their first ‘dip’ in the sea or watching your little one toddle around happily on the sand. But before you head off, it’s a good idea to take a few moments to think about how you and your little ones can stay safe on the beach and in the water this summer.
Below, we highlight some of the key things to be aware of and what you can do to keep things safe at the beach.
Watch children at all times
As we all know, young children are curious and easily excited, and in many cases, they seem to have a talent for getting into sticky situations! The beach is one place where you will always need to keep an eye on them. It’s easy to nod off in the sun, get lost in a book, or indulge in a spot of people-watching and before you know it, your little one has w
- Read more
With summer just around the corner you may be making plans for a family holiday. Here are some great tips to help your little one sleep well while on your break. Consistency is key when it comes to sleep, this can be tricky when you are in a different environment but there are simple things you can do that will help:
- Using an appropriate Slumbersac will ensure that your child is kept at the right temperature during the night. Made with luxurious muslin cotton, they ensure that your little one is kept cool and comfortable. We have a range to choose from which are perfect for the warmer months.
- If your child uses a Slumbersac at home then packing one to use when away provides real consistency in terms of their sleep environment.
- Read more
It’s time to celebrate as we’ve reached our goal of delivering 1 million dreams to children across the globe with our charity partner B1G1!
With your help, we created 88,165 impacts in March, which brings our total giving to 1,058,735 impacts.
Our donation in March paid a House Mum at an orphanage in Kenya for a whole year - our Company Director Karina and Marketing Director Elke visited her last January. In addition we provided 200 days of access to education to prevent young girls from being trafficked in Cambodia, and also provided 87,600 days of access to life-saving clean water to families in Cambodia.
Karina, Company Owner and Director of Slumbersac had a special message for our customers...”Thanks to our customers we were able to touch the hearts and improve the lives of so many people less fortunate than
- Are you and your kids getting the right sleep? How do you know? Good sleep: a challenge for parents globally Are you and your kids getting the right sleep? How do you know? Good sleep: a challenge for parents globally Did you know that up to 40% of kids have sleep problems? And did you know that these sleep problems interfere with a child’s physical, mental, emotional and social development, with ramifications that can be seen throughout their childhood and adolescence?Read more
- Ask a parent the question ‘how much sleep do you need each day’ and the answer is likely to be ‘MORE!’ But whilst the average adult can get by on seven hours or so, babies and young children generally need quite a bit more. So how much sleep does your little one actually need?Read more
- Celebrating Valentine's Day as the parents of young children can often mean passing on a romantic dinner out or even a quiet evening at home. Do you have a newborn, or even a toddler or older children, and you have no babysitter and no idea how to celebrate Valentine's Day? As well, it goes without saying that you're so exhausted that a date night seems out of reach. Coming up with date night ideas can be overwhelming for parents, but that doesn't mean you need to forget celebrating at all. Lucky for you, there are lots of ways to celebrate at home as a family and create a truly special night for everyone.Read more
- 2018 has been another fantastic and busy year for Slumbersac. We launched new and exclusive products to our ever-growing range for babies and children, we continued to support the lives of those less fortunate through our charity partner B1G1, and we even launched our website in Spain to expand the company even further to Spanish customers. It truly has been an unforgettable year, so here is a break down of what we have accomplished.Read more
- A New Year is approaching and with it comes a new clean slate! Forget the last 12 months of mistakes and start 2019 with a fresh set of doable objectives! Here are my top 5 doable, New Year Parenting Resolutions...Read more